Thursday, March 22, 2007

Marching On

Here are a few drawings from teh past two classes at PAFA. The one of the standing male figure started as a charcoal wipeout of the standing modle, nude, then the second pose was with the model clothed, and we had to draw over the first drawing. I was using vince charcoal which wasn't really the best for this. the class was over before I could go any further than a big tone-out. the reclining male nude was from the same session and was done in 10-15 minutes at the end of the class, I worked really loose looping and sketching fast with a charcol pencil.

The female figure was from 2 weeks ago, I didn't finish this either, but I like parts of the drawing, it's in 9B pencil on charcoal paper. I am really trying for an entirly differnt esthetic in my drawings here, really trying to stay away from anything that looks like a comic or my regular work. Sometimes it seems I'm a bit lost, sometimes it seems to flow out better depending on the week, my work load before class, and if I've had a good nights sleep before, last week it was 3 hours of sleep Sunday night, so Monday I was a bit blurry feeling.



2 comments:

Mike Hawthorne said...

Beautifully done, Mr. Manley!

Mike

Lisa Walton said...

I am just starting out with drawing lessons and your life drawings are wonderful - thanks for sharing them