Saturday, June 12, 2010

NEW STUDIO!

Yesterday I moved into my new studio at PAFAright in the heart of center city Philly a few blocks from City Hall and it was a wonderful day. I'd been looking forward to this for a long time.
My buddy Dave was there to help me shlep my stuff in and the Parking Gods smiled upon me as I didn't get a ticket while I pas parked outside loading in my gear. I am in a south facing, gang studio on the fourth floor with large windows. I am sharing the studio with a few of my best friends and DPC buddies--so what could be better!

I've had a studio for decades but this is the first time I've ever had a studio just for painting. There is still a lot of things I need for the place, but the seed is potted and the place is growing already. I found a few items left behind by fellow students like the pink chair to ad on the first day. I hauled in one of my extra drawing tables and a folding table and an extra easel. PAFA gives you one, the green one, but I brought in the easel I got at Dick Blick last year. Dave already found a coffee maker somebody also left, so already the most important piece of equipment has been procured!
And to get the ball rolling I did this quick little painting the first day, just the christen the studio and kind of bless the spot if you will, put my stamp on it the first day by creating something. I painted my hat and spoon and a bit of my iphone . I had a little 5 x 7 Blick camvas for doing these quick little spots.


The studio has great views of the historic Furness building and I snapped these shots as the sun set on my first day in my new digs. I plan on being in the studio painting at least 4 days a week, allowing for my work schedule with my commercial jobs.

2 comments:

william wray said...

I see a series just from your window view.

Don Hudson said...

Very nice Views!