Thursday, January 03, 2013

Let's Start It Off!

 To day was a big painting day in the studio, or actually in my living room as I'm home on break from school. I painted both of these today--so it was a big painting day after a bit of a break. The landscape is based on a picture that my Dad shot of a barn someplace in Michigan. I painted another piece based on one of his photos a year or so ago, and he got such a big kick out of it I decided to do it again and give it to him as a Christmas present. Its 16 x 20 in Oil. The SPIRIT piece below was a commission I had left to do, it was for the same guy who also wanted the Phantom piece, and since I was a long time getting this done and he requested a color piece I did this quick-pulp-like image in oil and it's also 16 x 20. When it's dry I'll post them out. So I plan on keeping the painting fires smoking and have another piece roughed already, but two paintings in one day is enough for today....

1 comment:

Paintings said...

Paintings for Sale good piece of art work.liked the shadings in eyes.very realistic.