Thursday, July 25, 2013

The Sunny Side

I've been wanting to finish this piece for a few weeks now and finally got around to doing it in the last day. I've been busy with commercial work and teaching so I had a break from painting, but I was excited to get back to it. I've been painting a lot of panel lately and I really like it. In the past it would bug me that at first the work is kind of slippery, as opposed to canvas with sucks the paint right up, but that doesn't seem to bother me now. This is based on a iphone pic I snapped while driving into town one the way to school one morning. I love when the sun slices over the top or through buildings and illuminates something. That golden shaft of light on any surface, but especially old buildings is a joy to try and capture. 16 x 17 Oil on Panel

1 comment:

lost_in_woods said...

thank you for posting , click here for any help in Shop Drawings Preparation