Friday, August 26, 2011

Fall Semester 2011-- My final Year- Week 1



Today was my first day of class in my fall semester at PAFA in my final year in the Certificate program. It feels good to get everything rolling again officially though I never really stopped painting over the summer. I have only one class this fall, portrait painting with Peter Van Dyck. Today was the first class and Peter had us dive right in. We have to have 2 classes every semester where we don't have a model but that didn't stop the class, instead Peter had us start by painting the space, the setup that we will paint the model into when she shows up next week. Working on some museum board that was coated with some acrylic medium I blasted right in on this piece, next week we'll work on it again and add the model.


Peter talking to the class about how the set-up the inner and outer worlds /spaces in the painting and what drew his eye as far as composition.

I love school but I am glad to be starting my final year, next year I plan on attending the masters program at PAFA, but I feel the urge to get my undergrad done.It's a mixture of feelings for sure. I honestly feel impatient with taking classes at this point. A lot will change in the next year, school, life, my studio, my daily routine and some friends will go away and some will stay, but that's life. I can now look back and see how far I have come in the 5 years I have been going to PAFA as a painter and also as a person and it has all been a wonderful experience, but every bird has to leave the nest.