Friday, April 14, 2006

Asian Snacks Are Best!

The township I live in, Upper darby [once the largest in the us]is going through a major, huge cultural/population shift, a big influx of Asians,[Vietnamese, laotian, chinese, Koreans] South Americans, Pakitanis, Indians....as a result a lot of new asians businesses have opened culminating in the recent opening of a new Korean mall. It's mostly Koreans opening the business' here, taking over from the Greeks and regular old white established, or abandoned business who have been moving out of UD since the mid 80's.

The best thing is the new H Mart which opened with great prices, great asian foods, good veggies, fresh fish and meats, all much better and cheaper than any other market in the area. Another plus is the cool asian snacks, a whole isle full, plus more scattered through the store. I love this place!

Here are a few snacks I bought on the shopping trip yesterday. I love the design, caligraphy and creative packaging on so many products in the store, I think they are more often superior designs, so much more colorful and fun that packaging on products I see in the local Acme or Superfresh.



6 comments:

Ryan Cody said...

Mike, track down some Botan Ame' Rice Candy and see if they have Apple Tea. You won't regret it. Also, if they are really good, they might carry Orion beer brewed only in Okinawa Japan and sold only in large bottles. It's the greatest ever. I grew up on all 3 of those and I am a fine upstanding man today.

Urban Barbarian said...

True That!

Jamar said...

Yo, hook me up with some ULTRAMAN SNAX!

I'll even pay you.

Mike Manley said...

Hahaha..ok JDot!

Time Waster said...

This one Japanese tourist threw out a Fugi film wrapper for his disposable camera and I saved it even since he threw it out. Great airbrushed wrapped

Jessica said...

mmm, asian snacks! Do they have any strawberry pocky?