Thursday, February 08, 2007

Go Ahead, Make My Day!


While digging through the Manley Archives (my attic) I came across this copy of the Michigan Cinema Guide I did way, way long ago. I did this I think in the late summer or fall of 1984, I was just 23 years old. I remember having a fit with my airbrush which i used on parts of my background and also scrambleing to ge ref for the Golden Gate Bridge as this was somewhat of a rush job, and there was no internet then. If I remember there was a new Dirty harry movie coming out at the time. I was paid a whopping $300 bucks, which was a lot to me back then, the drag was they kept my original.I was pretty darn excited to do it at the time tough.

2 comments:

Javier Hernandez said...

Hi Mike

Been enjoying your Blog for quite some time, (in silence, I hate to admit). You've shared some great comic art, paintings, sketches and photos, but slap up a Dirty Harry pic and I gotta chime it!

Thanks for sharing some of your early work.

Javier

Urban Barbarian said...

Has a Steranko feel to it!!