Sunday, December 16, 2007

Old Stan Lee Job


I know I've been making with all the fine art work lately, but I don't want anyone to forget about my cartooning. While searching through some old files for some art for my buddy Alberto Ruiz, I came across this old and odd job I did for Stan Lee Media from around 1999 or 2000. It was for something like an insert in some kind of Hostess cake-like treat as I remember. Captain Cup Cake or something just as silly. I also did a drawing of the hero as well, a single figure I guess they used someplace. It was a weird job, but advertising uses comic art like this all the time and it usually pays pretty good.

6 comments:

Jamie said...

hey mike great blog. your work is awesome. I was thinking about taking your figure drawing class, but recently found out I can't make the time. Will you ever have classes in the future that are on sundays? do you ever do private teaching? keep up the great work!

Mike M said...

Jamie, Sorry to her you can't make the class this time. I don't know if I will have a class on Sundays in the future. Depending on the success of this one and my schedule I suppose it's likely I could do another class, but since I will be traveling up from Philly to NYC for the class, it makes it a bit more trouble as for the next several years I'll be in school myself on Mondays. I haven't done private teaching on an official level, but I suppose that could be a possibility as well.

Jamie said...

hey mike thanks for getting back to me. I hope the class goes well. it really seems like it will be a blast. if you are ever interested in doing something like private teaching let me know. keep up the awesome artwork!!

Mike M said...

Jamie, if you are local to the Philly area maybe that's a possibility.

Jamie said...

hey mike im in the nyc area... im not from the east coast so i didnt realize philly was so far. looks like i'll just have to wait til your next class thanks a lot though!

Bobby Timony said...

Mike, Congratulations on finishing up the semester!