Friday, October 08, 2010

Fall Semester 2010 week 6

Week six has blown by--zip-pow--it's come and gone in a haze of work.

The painting above is from my class with Scott Noel on Monday afternoon. I did most of it live but snapped a pic to finish later as I had to teach in the High School program and that cuts the last hour of my class off. The sketches below are from one of the two drawing trips I took my storyboard classes at Uarts to on Thursday. I took both classes down to Rittenhouse Square to do some gesture drawing in the park as I feel its really one of the best exercises you can do to train your drawing and thinking skills. It forces you to not only to look, but to really see, to try and in sometimes only a few second get do the gesture, essence of a person down on paper. It also loads into your memory banks the endless variety of people, motion,--nature that you can draw upon later when drawing from invention. i used pencil and also the Tria brush pen for a while until it kinda clogged up on me. next week i will be back in the studio more to work on some of my paintings as I feel I have been away from that too much lately.





No comments: