Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Final Zombie


Here is the final painting. I'll let it sit for a few days and then see if there are a few nicks I'll make on it, but for now it's done. This by far is the most complicated painting I've done to date and I learned more about painting as I always do. I used some phot ref on this for parts and that was something I hadn't done as of yet. I like parts and feel others are a bit too tight, but I really winged it here and feel pretty happy with the result, about 80%. I guess it's a silly idea, but for something that just jumped into my mind I think I pulled it off.

5 comments:

tgreaper said...

Nice work my friend! He looks like someone I would write about!

Aaron Sowd said...

Bad Home Depot experience?;-)
Great painting, Mike!

Mike Manley said...

Thanks TG, dawn of the Depot.

Aaron, no bad HD experience, it's just that places like that can make people zombies, they are big and people wander--malls too. They seem to suck the soul out. They would also be a great set for a zombie film, all those power tools....

tom said...

the paintings look amazing, mike.

i've been dropping by the blog and sneaking looks ever since i heard you'd be part of the a-x-d show. can't wait to see them in person.

Urban Barbarian said...

The eyes really make this one! INTENSE!