Thursday, August 26, 2010

Fall Semester 2010 week 1

Today was the first day of the fall semester at PAFA and the first day where it seemed most people were back in school since last spring and a whole new batch of first year students got to know the ropes a bit. they had free water ice and Dick Blick raffles and give-a-ways in the lobby.

Alina is back from Canada, Lexi is moved into her Apt, Joel and Dave were in the studio and Will stopped by, so we had most of the DPC in the studio today at some point. We also had a few drop-bys of new and old friends. I had my first critic meeting with Michael Gallagher, on of my 3 critics this fall, I meet the other two next week.

I have been in the studio all summer painting away, and just got back from 10 days in Arizona, so to kind of start the school year off I knocked out this little painting from a photo I snapped on vacation to kind of christen the semester. Things hop into full swing on Monday but I'll be back down in the studio for a while tomorrow.

No comments: