Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Life Drawing Week 4

Here is a batch from this weeks open life drawing at DCAD
This week they didn't do any getsures to warm up, which I didn't like or agree with so I did some quicker drawings anyway to warm up. I got them to have a single spotlight on the figure at least, but some people complain it's too dark to see to draw...aggh!





Some quick drawings I did of folks standing around on a break.

I did this directly as a conture drawing with no underdrawing. A larger version here

I want to keep at this as it's really the best type of drawing to me, but goddam it's frustrating at times!

6 comments:

Christian D. Leaf said...

Nice stuff, Mr. Manley. Life drawing is not any easy task. I remember wasting 3-4 sheets before getting down a decent work back in ye olde college days. It's too easy to fall back on cartoony features, but well worth the exercise. In fact, I may ask the wife tonight if she'll pose for me...

Urban Barbarian said...

wow! I've missed a few posts here! These are terrific, Mike!

Scott said...

I like the second one (standing pose) the best.
I left a more detailed commentary on thedrawingboard.

william wray said...

These look a little warmer from last week, keep going. Funny, I like the guy in clothes best, he feels more tossed off cartooned which I think means you were more relaxed/ confident. or didn't have time to fuss.

Echo Shi Volla said...

I think you'd feel even better about it next week:) Lokking forward to this Sat!

Andy J Smith illustration said...

beautiful stuff! particularly the last few!