Sunday, March 13, 2005

CRAYON SUNDAY

I have a lot of crap up in my attic. The scene at the end of the first Raiders of the Lost Arc is probably the best discription. Stuff I've been carrying and collecting since I was 13 or so, each year the pile growing. This is a hazard of being an artist and a bit of a pack-rat, which most artist I know are. Since a few people expressed interest in the coloring book stuff I already posted, I thought I'd add a few more selections from the past. I'm in the weekly process of clearing out a lot of the junk I have because I want to move soon, and I can't take half this stuff with me, nor do I want it either. It's a painful weeding-out process...

Anyway here are some more examples of my coloring book work from the 80's.




Hmmmm....




and a bigger version HERE.

The Mattel people were super-picky about Barbie. Personally I think she's a shallow plastic bitch...
One coloring book was all I could take. There were a ton of little changes to the art. The colors were a pigment printed on that when wet with a brush and water allowed the girls to 'watercolor" the art. I remember having a Yogi Bear coloring book using the same process when I was a kid.

1 comment:

Brittney said...

ahhhahaa, i'm glad to see that you have shown how you really feel about barbie. makes me laugh to hear that! well done on all your work! cheers!