Friday, March 25, 2005

Primavera Terra



The Brandywine Creek slowly sloshes down to the Delaware, swollen and drunk with the spring rains and winter melt. It waddels past the intersections of RT 1 and RT 100 ( where I snapped this pic while lunching with a friend) across the road and next to the Brandywine River Museum, perminent home to the art of the Wyeths, Howard Pyle and other painters from Delaware and Philadelphia area. You could smell the moist earth opening and releasing it's winter kept moisture into the air. Spring is here, and I can't wait.


 Being from Michigan I am used to old man Winter's harsh backhand, but frankly, even though his sting here in Philly is generally milder, I am tired of his antics after the first snowfall. White Christmas and then begone! I long for palm trees of San diego and Arizona, the kiss of the sun on my left arm hanging on the car door as I drive, B-B-Q's, girls in summer dresses and tank tops, the summer con season and my usual southwest vacation afterwards. If this year is like most here, spring will be about 4 weeks until the 80+ degree weather cooks up the area fast.

2 comments:

Mike Manley said...

Busted, I like the thunderstorm too. I think I'd miss that if I lived where they don't have them. We'd get big ones in Michigan, and even here in Philly, we get a few good Boomers a year.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the blog. It's hard for me to tell if anyone is reading it unless they post a response.

Seattle is on the 'short list" of places I want to visit very soon.

Thanks!

Mike Manley said...

Well if you ever make it out here I'll buy you a beer and a cheessteak. Dig your blog man. Sounds like you've go some cool dogs. The drawing of Maya is great.

I'd suggest doing some auto-bio comics.