Wednesday, October 26, 2005

DRAWING LIFE

The last two weeks I have been hitting the life drawing class they have at school, taking advantage that I can do it for free since I teach there. I am pretty beat by the time it starts, since I've been up since about 6:30am or so and have taught all day (till 4:30) the class starts at 6, so I grade homework and talk with other teachers till then. Frankly, my energy and concentration are not the best. But I want to get more into working from life, and get better at it, since I mostly work out of my head as an artist, and do stylized and highly stylized drawings all the time, which makes me fall back on formula and convention.

These drawings are far from great...and though it's good, yet painful process,(even wiped some out and started again) I am committed to getting better. I seem to do better on the gesture drawings and worse on the finished drawings as I think my concentration is just not sharp enough, I was blowing proportions like an amature. These were 1-2 minute and 10 minute poses.





3 comments:

marco's blog said...

These are nice...i teach art all day, and can't seem to find the energy(creative or otherwise) to work on personal stuff at home. So i'm really impressed at the quality you turn out after your long day.

BoneDaddy said...

These are pretty good! I know how you feel (a little). I'm not pro or anything, but I'm self taught, and had no knowledge of terminology or formula before starting school. I was forced to go back to these same basics, and it's given me a great opportunity to work on my problems areas.

Bobby Timony said...

No matter how much you know, there's always more to learn.