Sunday, January 27, 2008

Still Life


So far this semester is really flying by, it's amazing how fast a week goes when I am out of the house every day between going to school as a student and then teaching. On top of finishing off a very heavy last storyboard for Secret Saturdays, X-9 and finally getting Draw! 15 to the printers I am just beat down into the swamp. As a result I feel I really haven't "CLICKED" yet at school. I guess I miss my old routine and classes a bit. The new classes I don't feel the swing with yet, except my still life class with Joe Rupinski. She's awesome and really is the type of teacher I like, one who explains a lot! I mean, why else go to a class with a teacher? I have a teacher now who says the more he talks the less creativity I have. Wha-Wha-Wha-Whaaat? I don't agree with that at all.

Anyway the still life room has a large aray of still life set up, maybe 20? And you could paint most from several angles. I of course chose the one with the sun blasting through the window. I did a little skecth in pencil, then a study, which isn't finished and I will continue to work on it. I might do the final painting as a diptic, maybe on board. At this angle the sun comes in and eventually blinds you, so I'll have to work fast, and maybe finish from a photo at night? We have a few weeks to work on each one. this is still a work in progess as I adjust the composition.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah I refused to work on any of those along that row of windows because I want to retain my eyesight. After about 10 minutes of that glare I would be blind... not to mention the radical lighting shift that would occur during my class in there. I'm working on that huge dictionary over in the corner. Lookin good so far :)
Dave

Virginia said...

I wasn't able to find an email address on your site, so I'm commenting here. I hope you don't mind. I saw your Wonder Woman image over at fatwonderwoman.blogspot.com (Dec 2007 entry), and I was wondering if I could use the face (with credit, of course) for a Livejournal community icon.