Monday, February 18, 2008

Models of Flesh and Clay


Well today I finally got to slop some clay around. Our model Crystal came in a struck her pose and I bought my block of white clay from the art supply and started slapping the clay on the armature...then the chair started to buckle, so with John the shop foreman's help I got some blocks of wood cut to support the sculptures weight. I had a lot of fun and look forward to getting back to this next week.

This is the next pose in my life painting class with Carolyn Pyfrom. This was the first pose with this model, who's quite cute to boot, something I don't usually say about a model. I battled the ever changing light of the infamous Studio 4, but I think this is off to a much better start. I did use a fair amount of palette knife in this stage after my brush bock-in.

1 comment:

Urban Barbarian said...

That clay model looks amazing Mike!