Friday, July 11, 2008

House of Secrets

Sorry for the big break in posting in the last week, but between the holiday, starting to teach my new cartooning class at PAFA, my regular Saturday class at DCAD, my work on Batman, Brave and the Bold and my eight page comic job for DC featuring the Secret Saturdays--well, I've been kinda' busy.

As most of you know who have been reading my blog for a while now, I was one of the Storyboard artists on the new cartoon Network show, The Secret Saturdays, created by my buddy Jay Stephens, who I have a nice long interview with in the next issue of DRAW! And so, like just like every show on Cartoon Network that is produced and run here in the states, like Ed, Edd and Eddy, Samurai Jack, etc., the show eventually either gets it's own comic by DC, like Justice league, Batman Adventures, Superman Adventures or joins the pages of one of the anthology comics, currently the Action Pack comic.

Since I knew the cartoon was going to premiere this summer, last spring I inquired at DC about doing some stories for the comics featuring the SS. It turned out that yes indeed, DC was doing some comics, so I hooked up some work. The splash page above is from the splash of the eight pager I just finished penciling that will be inked by Jay. Originally jay was supposed to draw, and I ink, but since he's still super-busy with the show, we switched jobs on this story.

This story I think hits the comic shop in August of September. Below is my layout, drawn at comic size.

No comments: