Sunday, April 22, 2012

Final Semester Week 14

Well we have basically come to the end, we have one week left till the Spring Prizes at school and the next week we hang our ASE wall. I am down to wanting to finish one more painting for the show, I completed this plien air of the Delaware River yesterday. You can read about my exploits painting this with the Dirty Palette Club over on our blog.
I also finally finished my big center piece painting for my wall. I finished it up in a few days of 16+ hours of painting. I'm pretty proud of this one and have another idea for a painting along similar lines I plan to do over the summer.
Last friday Peter Van Dyck did a demo (along with free pizza) in the cast hall at school. I was a busy week which started off with a visit to my studio by Bo Bartlett and his wife on Monday morning. You can read all about that over on my Michael Cole Manley blog.
i finally got to see the Tanner show at PAFA the wek before it closed and I have to say it was the best show I have seen at the school besides the Cecilia Beaux show a few years back. it was really great to see the painting live, he was such a gifted painter and colorist, the surfaces of his paintings are amazing! I have been very effected by seeing his work and of course it's great he went to PAFA.
Though our time at PAFA as a group is coming to a close as none of my buddies are following me into the MFA we are taking the time to enjoy our last few weeks in our studios.I cooked a big pot of vegan curry and we ate some while watching goofy stuff on you-tube and looking at art books. I will cherish this time i know more and more in the coming years.

No comments: