Saturday, June 30, 2007

No More Monkeying Around


I finished the monkey still life this afternoon. I am pretty happy with some of it. I was trying to be a little looser, though I still think it's a bit tight. I like the left arm on the monkey, it's always the fight in what to leave and what to put in, sometimes just a dab in the right place can save something--or ruin the shape. I was also very concious of tempature here. The good thing is I am warmed up, so when we go out painting tomorrow with some freinds from PAFA I should be ready to go. I hadn't painted anything in a while, and man, did I miss it.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I really like the finished painting--never got around to finishing mine. I doubt I would have even if someone had emailed me the photos of the set-up. hahaha!!