Saturday, June 27, 2009

Claire Sitting

This is the painting from my weekly meeting of my painting group the Dirty Palette Club. My friend Claire came up to pose for us this week and it was a lot of fun, though this was a tough painting because of the angle and the shadow side of her face. I wiped this out 2 times before I got what I wanted--still I got something and lost something--but that's how it goes, I wanted to keep this looser like a study, 11 x 14 in oil. Claire will also be modeling for some of my Super Sad paintings.

4 comments:

Joe Jusko said...

That's a REALLY nice piece, Mike!!!

Mike Manley said...

Thanks Joe, I adjusted some edges this am and wish it was a better pic.

Eduardo Monteiro said...

lindo!

Tim Dowling said...

Hey, just discovered your blog, it's deadly! Love the progression !