Friday, March 05, 2010

Week 6 Spring 2010--Final ( Spring Break)

Here is where I stopped with the drawing from Al Gury's figure drawing class and so ends my 6th week of the semester. This is charcoal on rives BFK paper. i had never tried charcoal on the Rives before, just pastel--and I really liked it. I think I'm going to explore drawing a lot more with charcoal on it and I wish I had another 2-3 poses to work on this drawing--but alas, this is what always happens in school, you just never get the time you'd like to finish something. It's really like doing drills. But I guess doing many more starts leads to hopefully in the long run better finishes.

Next week, or rather starting today is my Spring Break, unfortunately I won't have time to show off my beach body next week as I'll have my ass firmly planted in the studio chair between the Judge Parker strips and the other freelance I have going. But I love the word SPRING very much this year as this has really been a tough winter here in Philly. I don't know if I am suffering a little SADS or not, but Goddamn I can't wait till 70 degree weather!!

I'm working on week 4 of Judge Parker right now and I feel I'm getting more and more confident each weeks worth of strips, last week went the smoothest and I'm sorta' anxious for people to see them, and that's only a week away from next Monday.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mike,

Looking forward to seeing your Judge Parker artwork. Glad to hear that you are getting more confident with each. Should we expect a more Barreto-esque look at the beginning and then more of your look later?

Also, was wondering what you are using to color the Sunday comics?

Cheers,

Dan

CC said...

Mike,

Saw next week's Judge Parker strips...looking good. Nice start! I hope your lettering is big enough after the newspaper gets done shrinking it.